Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Quitting Smoking

My fun-loving husband, whom I love with all my heart, is attempting to quit smoking. He has tried for many years with zero success. Cold turkey, patches, pills, electronic cigarettes. I have tried to be helpful and understanding but all he says to me is I don't understand. I would like to understand what he is going through. I just don't know what to do or how to fix it without a little insight into quitting smoking.

So, the closest thing I can think of to quitting smoking for me is to quit drinking Mountain Dew. Headache, honery, irritable...that about sums it up.

New Year's brings new hopes, new challenges, and new commitments. I am committed to changing the way I run my life and take care of myself. My children need me in their lives for a long time!

2 comments:

  1. My husband has smoked since he was 8 yrs old, no kidding. He's tried numerous times without success. The last thing he tried was Chantix, and it works. He didn't have cravings, he didn't get headaches, and he didn't even get the psycho dreams that a lot of people have gotten. If he's got Rx drug coverage I would suggest going to your Dr. and asking about Chantix. I sounds like an advertisement for the stuff but I know it works.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have thought about Chantrix for my husband, but unfortunately we don't have health insurance. In all reality, we should just bite the bullet and get him on it. We'd be saving some money in the long run. :) Thanks for the tip Alicia!

    ReplyDelete